The WIPO Digital Access Service (DAS, also known as the Priority Document Digital Access Service) is a system allowing priority documents to be exchanged directly between Offices instead of requiring the applicant to request and forward certified copies of patent applications to support priority claims. The system provides for applicants and offices to securely exchange documents, meeting the needs of the Paris Convention for certification.
These pages provide a forum for consultations on the Framework Provisions, technical specifications and related topics for the Digital Access Service.
The system is governed by a set of Framework Provisions, which provide for a Consultative Group to provide advice on:
- the designation of digital libraries as "participating digital libraries" (paragraph 7(ii));
- the possible establishment of procedures for translations of priority documents to be deposited and made available through the service (paragraph 19); and
- the operating procedures and technical requirements for the service (paragraph 21).
These wiki pages are provided to support the work of the Consultative Group. Representatives need to log in to post comments on the forum (as comments on the wiki pages). Read-only access is available to anyone with or without a login.
Membership of the group (paragraph 21 of the Framework Provisions) is open to:
- IP Offices from which the International Bureau receives a notification under paragraph 10 or 12;
- any other IP Offices that notify the International Bureau that they wish to participate in the Group;
- as observers, interested organizations invited to meetings of the Working Group that notify the International Bureau that they wish to participate in the Consultative Group.
Each member of the group may nominate one or more representatives in accordance with the procedure below, which also applies to adding or changing representatives.
Requesting an account and access to the forum
This is a two stage process (if you already have an account used for a WIPO Wiki, the same account can be used here):
- First, fill in the form to request an account ("last name" means family name and "first name" means given name).
- An automatic e-mail will immediately be sent giving a link to a page allowing you to create a username and password.
- For usernames of office representatives, please use a lowercase version of the ST.3 code for your office followed by a hyphen and then a family name and at least an initial (in your preferred order), for example ep-jsmith (John SMITH from EPO) and either kr-parke or kr-epark (PARK Eun from KIPO).
- For usernames of representatives of organisations, please use the acronym or recognizable abbreviation (which doesn't match a country code) for your organization followed by a hyphen and a name, for example aipla-mkirk.
When you have an account, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information:
- Your name
- Your job title or role in the organization
- The WIPO account username
We will then add you to the list of users who can post comments to the forum.
WIPO publishes notifications from Offices in regards to their participation in DAS and particularly the scope of documents deposited by Offices and notifies the Consultative Group members by electronic mails including links to where they may be found on the WIPO DAS site.
If you wish to be informed by electronic mail of the last notifications published, please subscribe with your electronic address.