This document describes how to find all the marks whose logo is similar to that of current mark with IPAS version 2.7.0. It introduces pre-requisites in terms of system configuration parameters that are required and used for search of the marks. It covers the functionality as well as basic data structure of application types in IPAS.
Basic configuration required for application reception and data capture is sufficient. There is no specific configuration required for this use case.
Basic configuration parameters required for application reception and data capture are further detailed in IPAS Designer documentation and related use cases.
Apart from basic application configuration it is expected to have Vienna classes configured /imported in IPAS. The following screenshot shows the default Vienna configuration in IPAS Designer.
The application(s) with logo images should exist with captured Vienna classes details for performing logo search.
To find all the marks whose logo is similar to that of ‘Coca-cola’, please follow the below steps:
- Login into IPAS web interface.
- Click on the navigation links “Trademarks” > “Bibliographic Data”
- Specify the word ‘Coca-cola’ in the field “Mark Name Contains Words”
- Click on “Search” link
- The trademark with the name ‘Coca-cola’ will be displayed as shown below:
- Click on the ‘File id’ link to access the trademark file.
- Click on the navigation links “Similarities” > “Logo Search” > “Execute Logo Search”
The list of all trademarks whose logo is similar to that of ‘Coca-cola’ will be displayed as shown below:
Search criteria can be modified be clicking on Refine search criteria as given below and click on search button.
The following steps are related to saving the similar marks. They are required if you need to associate marks with similar logo to a given trademark file.
- To associate the marks having the similar logo, do the following.
- Select the marks which are to be mapped as similar to the given trademark file. Click on ‘Select/Deselect All’ link to select all the marks at once.
- Click on the link ‘Toggle select flag’ to check the marks
- Click on ‘Save Checked’ link to save the selected marks.
- The marks can be saved to one of the following destinations:
- Save as similarities of reference mark
- Save as similarities of reference pre-exam search
- Save to a process group
- Click on ‘Save’ link
- The selected marks get added to the chosen destination
You can also perform the logo search from “Trademarks” > “Logo search” option.
Once above process is completed successfully, all the trademarks whose logo is similar to that of ‘Coca-cola’ would be listed on the Select Trademark screen.
User can discard or reject the application through workflow action if similarities found.
Related Use Cases
- IPAS Search marks of same logo description
- IPAS Search marks of phonetic similarity
- IPAS Search marks of same nice class
- IPAS Search marks of same owner
- IPAS Search marks of same month
- IPAS Search marks sounding similar
Affected Data Structure
When logo similarity search is done then database tables affected are:
- Similarity file details will be inserted into the tables IP_SEARCH_APPL_RESULT