This document describes how to publish an action of file registration with IPAS version 3.1.0. It introduces pre-requisites in terms of system configuration parameters that are required and used for generation and publishing the journal. It covers the functionality as well as basic data structure for journal publication in IPAS.
Following configuration parameters as highlighted in red are required to publish an action in IPAS environment. This can be verified by exporting the IPAS configuration in XML format with IPAS Manager and by editing the configuration file in IPAS Designer.
As shown above, basic mandatory configuration parameters for publish the Journal of file registration:
- All Action types that corresponds to Registration of Application should be configured for the parameters highlighted in the red box (figure 1)
- Generate process, the workflow process that is applied to application type inside IPAS.
- Journal Publication: Select category of journal publication. In case of application category selection bibliographic data of the application gets updated on journal publication.
- Journal template: It is the template of the word file that would be used for publication.
- Breakdown by application type: Use a specific journal template by suffixing the basic template with an underscore and the application type code, e.g. "_MA"
- Breakdown by application subtype: Use a specific journal template by suffixing the basic template with an underscore and the application type code plus another underscore and the application subtype code, e.g. "_MA_NAC"
- Breakdown by user document type: Use a specific journal template by suffixing the basic template with an underscore and the user document type code, e.g. "_REN"
- Order by: Order in which the journal entries are selected criteria.
Other optional configuration parameters for generate journal of files registration are further detailed in IPAS Designer documentation and related use cases.
It is assume that the action of file registration is associated with journal as above and registration action is executed from the application workflow.
To publish an action of file registrations, please follow the below steps:
- Login into IPAS Admin interface.
- Click on the navigation links “Journal” > “New journal”.
- Enter a unique Journal Code which can contain alphanumeric values.
- Enter a Journal Name which can contain alphanumeric values.
- Select a notification date.
- Click on the “Save Changes” link.
- Click on the “Add Action” link to add/associate action with journal.
- Select Max Action Authorization Date for which we have to publish the registered application files.
- Now select “Action type”
- Select Action type checkboxes that are related to registered application.
- Now click on “Toggle selected flag” and the “back”
- Now click “Add Actions”
- Click on “Close” to close the journal.
- Click on “Generate Documents” and enter the “Output folder” location to store the generated journal file.
- Click “Publish”. Enter the publication date and notification date for publishing the journal.
- View Journal page will show is closed as checked and publishing date as entered by the user.
- Now click “View action list”. The page should display the list of already registered application.
The publishing of action is completed at this point.
Creating new Journal:
Appplication shows publication details:
Once above process is completed successfully, the file is considered as published and generated journal document contains the newly added action records.
Related Use Cases
Other related use cases may be added in the FAQ:
- How to publish an action of file registration
- How to publish an application for dissemination to the general public
Affected Data Structure
Additional database information is provided in this section to facilitate IPAS support activities in the IP Office only. It is NOT RECOMMENDED to make any changes directly in IPAS database tables.
When user document is received in IPAS, following database tables are affected:
- CF_ACTION_TYPE contains in list of all action, which includes Journal details that was discussed in prerequisite configurations.
- New records are created in IP_JOURNAL when a new journal is created.
- New record is created in WK_JOURNAL_ACTION is created which contains actions which are selected for inclusion in a journal
It should be noted that additional database tables will also be affected if other configuration parameters are set such as EDMS related mappings. But this will be covered in the related use cases.
Document template is not present in the specified folder
Create a template specific to Journal and keep it in specified folder.
Specified folder does not exist.
Change the folder path in ConfigParam in designer and import the new setting from IPAS MANAGER.