Publishing, printing, copying techniques:
OFFICIAL INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY BULLETIN (BOPI) - section “Trademarks”. It contains: All data concerning registered trademarks, various information on the changes of the legal status of trademarks, lists containing the Romanian industrial property attorneys and other useful information.
RO - TRADEMARKS BULLETIN – monthly publication (PDF format); electronic version of BOPI - Section “Trademarks”
Main types of announcements of the Office in the field of trademark information: Trademarks applications & registrations, changes, renewals, legal contest; decisions of the Law Courts, the registration and renewal certificates are generated automatically.
Mass storage media and microforms used: HDD, Tape storage, CD-ROM, microfilm
Word processing and office automation: Word perfect: WP 11 for current activities, and for issuing the Official Gazette of Industrial Property, Mark section.
Techniques used for the generation of trademark information (printing,
recording, microfilming, photocomposing etc.): Information is distributed through the Official Industrial Property Bulletin of OSIM in following formats:
- Pdf – published in OSIM page: www.osim.ro
- By using other electronic media such as ftp.
III. Matters concerning classifying, reclassifying and indexing of trademark information
- File Building: YES.
- Updating: YES
- Storage, including mass storage media and microforms: YES
- Documentation from other offices maintained and/or considered part of the available search file: NO.
V. Activities in the field of computerized trademark search systems
Equipment used (hardware, including the types of terminal and network used, and software), carriers used:
- HP EVA 5000 SAN system with 29 servers in a group
- 300 PCs For trademarks related activities there are used about 60 PCs;
- 40 network printers;
- 8 scanners;
- INTERNET access uses 40 Mb/s metropolitan, 20 Mb/s external radio leased line. The INTERNET Subsystem comprises "www" and e-mail server, database server, proxy server, routers, firewalls.;
- Internal Network: 100 MB optical fiber backbone, NORTEL technology.
- HP Unix (former True 64 DIGITAL Unix) operating system for GS80 server;
- Linux operating system for the Server of the INTERNET/INTRANET database, for the www and e-mail server, for the proxy server;
- Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 server for domain controller servers and application servers
- RDBMS Informix Dynamic Server V.9.4
- Windows 2000 Professional , XP Professional and Windows 7 for client PCs;
- Corel Word Perfect Office for DTP;
- JSP for web based applications
- Common Software application by Hyperscript Tools on client PCs;
- Acrobat Exchanger for conversions into PDF format;
- Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox for INTERNET/INTRANET
- Joomla for intranet
VI. Administration of trademark information products and services available to the public (relating to facilities, e.g., for lodging applications, registering trademarks, assisting clients with search procedures, obtaining official publications and registry extracts)
X. Other relevant matters