We are pleased to announce the upcoming launch of an updated version of the "New DAS exchange REST API" a significant step forward in our commitment to provide cutting-edge solutions to our valued users.
Based on the invaluable feedback gathered from our dedicated testers, we have diligently fine-tuned the YAML definition file to introduce several enhancements, further refining the capabilities of the API.
The following key improvements have been incorporated:
- Document Availability Check: A new service has been introduced to seamlessly integrate with external systems and verify document availability.
- Expanded System Error Codes: The updated version now features an extended system error code range, facilitating clearer communication and troubleshooting.
- Enhanced URL Alignment: To ensure seamless integration with WIPO cloud environments, URLs have been meticulously aligned.
- Registration Certificate Retrieval: A novel service empowers users to conveniently retrieve registration certificates.
- Comprehensive Error Handling: The API now includes comprehensive error details, including an example of 500 error scenarios.
- Improved Description: Minor corrections and enhancements have been made to enhance the clarity and accuracy of the description.
- Streamlined File Upload Handling: The API now adeptly manages errors encountered during file uploads using the URL uploads service.
- Enhanced Registration Status Handling: Updates have been implemented to provide precise error details in response to registration status checks.
- Efficient Retrieval Management: A new service aids in identifying retrievals that are in progress or newly completed, complete with instructions for document download.
Our commitment to ensuring the utmost utility and reliability of the "New DAS exchange REST API" has prompted us to simultaneously enhance our usage documentation.
The expanded documentation, available at d.- Examples on how to use and implement the new REST API, comprehensively outlines the new services, accompanying error codes, and their corresponding meanings.
For organizations keen on exploring the advanced capabilities of the updated API and contributing to its refinement, we invite you to express your interest by reaching out to our dedicated support mailbox at email@example.com.
As a gesture of our dedication to your success, we will be organizing a hands-on demo session to showcase the API's features and provide insights into the testing process.
As part of our continuous effort to improve the WIPO Digital Access Service (DAS), we have recently launched a survey seeking insights from our valuable users. This initiative aims to understand better the procedures and practices of IP offices regarding the use of WIPO DAS, collect information about any fees charged for issuing and registering priority documents, and explore plans for implementing ST26 XML for national priority documents.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to everyone who has already participated in the survey. Your input is helping us shape a more efficient and user-friendly service.
For those who haven't yet had the opportunity, we want to emphasize that your feedback is crucial. Each response we receive contributes significantly to the development and refinement of our services, and your perspective is invaluable.
The survey will close on the 15th of May, 2023. If you have not yet completed the survey, please take a moment to do so.
You can access the survey here: https://www3.wipo.int/confluence/display/dascg/1.-+Survey+on+the+operation+of+IP+offices+for+the+improvement+of+the+DAS+system.
Your responses will remain confidential and will be used exclusively to guide our efforts in improving the WIPO DAS system.
For any assistance or queries, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your time and for contributing to the future of WIPO DAS.