WIPO GREEN to Host Innovate 4 Water: A Matchmaking Forum for Sustainable Development
March 1, 2017
Building on the last two successful matchmaking events in Nairobi and Manila, WIPO GREEN will be hosting a matchmaking event on water from June 7-9. The forum, co-organized by WaterVent and WIPO GREEN Partner Waterpreneurs, will gather together, over three days, a community of key individuals and organizations working in the water sector.
The first part of the event will be dedicated to business matching. Entrepreneurs with innovative water technologies or business models will be pitching to prospective investors, including cleantech venture capitalists, private equity and corporate investors.
The last day of the event will be an open forum organized by WIPO GREEN, at which NGOs, IGOs, companies and foundations will describe their water technology needs to start-ups, other providers and financiers. It will also include high level panel discussions.
The objectives of the event are to:
- Create visibility for entrepreneurs in the water sector in order to enable them to reach investors;
- Promote the transfer of innovative water technologies and innovative business models in emerging markets and developing countries
- Foster interactions and dialogue between various water stakeholders, build networks, and raise awareness about water issues.
Who should participate?
This will be a great opportunity for members of the WIPO GREEN network and others to be exposed to the finance and water communities at large, including investors, private sector, bilaterals and IGOs, water institutions, foundations, universities, incubators, and more.
How can I participate?
Please contact the WIPO GREEN team for further information or, in particular, if you are a technology/service seeker, a provider of technologies/services relevant to this event, an investor, or other facilitation expert/consultant interested in participating in this event.
Find out more
- Provisional Program
- Detailed registration information
- Meeting page (detailed program to come)